Skip to main content

Individual Revelation About Purpose And Meaning

Perhaps what I wanted (fame, fortune, and influence) would have blinded me from the world, as God wanted me to see it.  History has shown us that fame, fortune, and influence, leads to blind obsession of more of the same at any cost.  They live life for their own individual desires thrusting anything not serving that interest under the bus.  They cannot fill the their addiction for more and more. 


 In wonder...I have always asked what I am doing here and what is my purpose.  Why were the things I chased no closer than they had been 25 years ago?  Who has not wanted to be rich, famous, and influential?  After two-and-a-half decades of struggle, working hard for long days, and taking many chances, I have just limited wisdom to show for it all.  As I sit here on a rock in a stream, on a beautiful sunny day, these thoughts come to me again.  These very thoughts were the very ones that tortured me and kept me from sleep so many nights. 
 
As I walked up the stream, I crossed many deadfalls, avoided loose sands, and took many twists and turns in its path.  As I sit here and look upstream, I see many of the same obstacles yet to overcome.  I have always believed hard work, strong character, and honesty and integrity naturally led to success like money, fame, and influence.  I continued trying to define my purpose, much like the water followed its course through its numerous obstacles on its way to the larger river below.

Trees that once stood tall and proud along the banks, lie dead and decaying, some even impeding the flow of water to its destination.  Even in its death, it is working to slow the water, grow moss, and be a home to bugs and other plants.  In the end, it returns to the earth from which it began as a seed from a former tree.  Once dead and decomposed, the once vibrant tree now becomes part of the soil that will bring forth new life.  This new life will carry the nutrients the composed tree provided and regain life again in its new host.  Life is not lost but returned in glorious form.

Rocks that seemingly do nothing hold sediment from loosening and clouding the water.  Erosion is hindered by their presence.  They too share a silent glory.

The water is a constant reminder that life is always in motion, even as many things seem to sit still.  Our lives are always changing too, even as we dream or remain at rest.  Our thoughts and opinions are forming based on what we allow ourselves to see and hear.  The laws of nature preceded the laws of man, and were the foundation upon which man's laws were formed.

Perhaps what I wanted (fame, fortune, and influence) would have blinded me from the world, as God wanted me to see it.  History has shown us that fame, fortune, and influence, leads to blind obsession of more of the same at any cost.  They live life for their own individual desires thrusting anything not serving that interest under the bus.  They cannot fill the their addiction for more and more.  You see it in our presidents, representatives, judges, commissioners, CEO's, bosses, etc.  Once the fire of individual wants is lit, it is nearly impossible to extinguish.

As I write this, I see a leaf clinging to the face of a rock below, under the rushing water.  Once I lift it and release it, it flows downstream.  Was I destined to let it go from the rock or was it mere randomness.

Ultimately, I realize that I did not have a clue what I had been chasing all of these years.  Fame, fortune, and influence would have conflicted with the person I was inside.  I could not be rich, ignore the poor, even though I could not be poor, and expect the rich to feed me.  I could not be famous and lose what is important to me - silence, nature, God, good family, and friends.  I could not be influential and rest knowing that I could always do more.

 After all this time of torture, wonder, and questioning my life, I have finally come to understand that what I want is "internal peace."  I want to lay down in peace each night knowing that I have done my best to do the right things the best I could.

I believe every man and woman want the very same thing.  That does not mean that they would not handle fame, fortune, and influence with decency, it just means they would be at peace with it.  Sitting here in the woods with no sound of man but just the stream flowing has cleared my mind.  God's light shines down on me as I write, warming me and guiding my hand.  Today, if even for a moment, I am enjoying a period of peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Needs To Be Done To Stop Sex Trafficking & Pedophilia

Human Trafficking Statistics by State [Edited to add:  2/3/21] 2/2/21:   64 arrested in Riverside County anti-human trafficking operation The following Coachella Valley residents were arrested for soliciting prostitution: Gabriel Alvarez, 28 of Coachella Douglas Ayala, 43 of Twentynine Palms Monte Bertoldo, 53 of Palm Springs Rutilio Brito, 33 of La Quinta Florencio Lopez, 50 of Thermal Rodrigo Macias-Leal, 21 of Cathedral City Ricardo Pachuca, 23 of Indio Juan Poblano-Martinez, 48 of Thermal Goldsborough Purnell, 62 of Palm Springs Eliuth Ramirez, 22 of Thermal Enrique Ramirez, 23 of Thermal Adam Sambrano, 39 of Indio Francisco Scott, 38 of Coachella Anthony Smith, 26 of Palm Desert Kyle Smith, 26 of Palm Desert William Spicknall, 37 of Palm Desert Thomas Stanford, 42 of Indio Manuel Vega, 44 of Thermal All of the suspects were released after signing agreements guaranteeing they will appear at scheduled court hearings. [Updated to add: 2/2/21] January 2021:  Jon Weaver,   Never-Trump

How ACORN, Obama, and Bill Clinton started the sub prime crisis

ACORN that is continually in trouble for voter fraud also pushed the sub prime mortgage crisis that has destabilized our economy.   Disturbingly, Barack Obama promised ACORN that it was going to shape our national agenda. ACORN was started in the 1970’s by Radicals George Wiley & Wade Rathke, with input from sociologists, Richard A. Cloward and Frances Fox Piven, started ACORN in the 1970's.   All of them are neo-Marxist ideologists. Barack Obama's Start In ACORN ACORN is made up of several legally distinct parts including local non-profits, a national lobbying organization, and the ACORN Housing Corporation.   ACORN is partisan and always aligned with the Democratic Party on policy. Obama began to work for ACORN via Project Vote in 1992 and as a trainer for the "power" seminars.   ACORNs "People’s Platform Preamble" includes " We are an uncommon people. We are the majority, forged from all minorities.   We are the masses of many, not the

Tracking Joe Biden's Disastrous Policies

Joe Biden starts here on day one, 1/20/21.  Devastation is coming because his policies are anti-capitalist.   See his inauguration speech here...   Joe goes off transcript... To see it live at anytime, go to www.usdebtclock.org                                     Watch the increases in gas prices as President Biden starts to remake our economy without fossil fuels.   Wind and solar are not going to cut it!  Larger portions of consumer spending will go towards simply commuting to work and utilities at home.  This is essentially a tax increase on everyone.  Moreover, the plan to legalize aliens and raising minimum wages will lead to greater unemployment rolls, more entitlement costs, and lower income growth.   It all starts with killing the Keystone Pipeline as Biden promises.  Rather than getting cheaper oil from a friendly neighbor, Canada, we will incur higher utility costs.  Canada will revert to their original plan they had when Obama was high-jacking the US economy and run a new pi